Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Citrus Park Christian hires new girls basketball coach
Posted Jul 24, 2013 by Kyle LoJacono
Updated Jul 24, 2013 at 06:24 PM
Niki Rougier has been named the girls basketball coach at Citrus Park Christian, Eagles athletic director Mike Guastella announced Wednesday.
“Our philosophy is to hire the most qualified young people possible so they can stay with the school and help our teams grow,” Guastella said. “I don’t want this to be a program where we field a team this year and then not have one next year. We want long-term programs with long-term coaches.”
Rougier, 24, was a two-year starter at Clearwater Christian College, where she helped the Cougars win a regional title and make nationals as a senior. She’s been Dunedin Middle’s coach since 2011.
“I want to build relationships with the girls and get them interested in basketball long term,” Rougier said.
The hire comes less than a week after Nathan Galan was named the Eagles’ football coach. Guastella said the next focus is to find someone to lead the softball program.