Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Citrus Park Christian hires new girls basketball coach
Posted Jul 24, 2013 by Kyle LoJacono
Updated Jul 24, 2013 at 06:24 PM
Niki Rougier has been named the girls basketball coach at Citrus Park Christian, Eagles athletic director Mike Guastella announced Wednesday.
“Our philosophy is to hire the most qualified young people possible so they can stay with the school and help our teams grow,” Guastella said. “I don’t want this to be a program where we field a team this year and then not have one next year. We want long-term programs with long-term coaches.”
Rougier, 24, was a two-year starter at Clearwater Christian College, where she helped the Cougars win a regional title and make nationals as a senior. She’s been Dunedin Middle’s coach since 2011.
“I want to build relationships with the girls and get them interested in basketball long term,” Rougier said.
The hire comes less than a week after Nathan Galan was named the Eagles’ football coach. Guastella said the next focus is to find someone to lead the softball program.