Most Recent Entries
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
Citrus Park Christian hires new girls basketball coach
Posted Jul 24, 2013 by Kyle LoJacono
Updated Jul 24, 2013 at 06:24 PM
Niki Rougier has been named the girls basketball coach at Citrus Park Christian, Eagles athletic director Mike Guastella announced Wednesday.
“Our philosophy is to hire the most qualified young people possible so they can stay with the school and help our teams grow,” Guastella said. “I don’t want this to be a program where we field a team this year and then not have one next year. We want long-term programs with long-term coaches.”
Rougier, 24, was a two-year starter at Clearwater Christian College, where she helped the Cougars win a regional title and make nationals as a senior. She’s been Dunedin Middle’s coach since 2011.
“I want to build relationships with the girls and get them interested in basketball long term,” Rougier said.
The hire comes less than a week after Nathan Galan was named the Eagles’ football coach. Guastella said the next focus is to find someone to lead the softball program.