Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Citrus Park Chr. names football coach
Posted Jul 18, 2013 by Kyle LoJacono
Updated Jul 18, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Nathan Galan has been named Citrus Park Christian’s football coach, Eagles athletic director Mike Guastella announced.
Galan, 25, spent last year as the defensive coordinator at Lakeland Victory Christian. Citrus park Christian is moving up this season to play 11-man football as an FHSAA Independent.
“His youthful energy is exactly what we were looking for, and we wanted someone with the understanding of starting a small, Christian-school program” Guastella said.
Galan was part of Lakeland Evangel Christian’s state championship team in 2005 and played defensive end at Eastern Illinois University.
“I know what can be from a small program, especially in a place like Tampa with a melting pot of athletes,” Galan said. “They have great people here at Citrus Park, and having an administration backing you is critical to a successful program.”