Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Citrus Park Chr. names football coach
Posted Jul 18, 2013 by Kyle LoJacono
Updated Jul 18, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Nathan Galan has been named Citrus Park Christian’s football coach, Eagles athletic director Mike Guastella announced.
Galan, 25, spent last year as the defensive coordinator at Lakeland Victory Christian. Citrus park Christian is moving up this season to play 11-man football as an FHSAA Independent.
“His youthful energy is exactly what we were looking for, and we wanted someone with the understanding of starting a small, Christian-school program” Guastella said.
Galan was part of Lakeland Evangel Christian’s state championship team in 2005 and played defensive end at Eastern Illinois University.
“I know what can be from a small program, especially in a place like Tampa with a melting pot of athletes,” Galan said. “They have great people here at Citrus Park, and having an administration backing you is critical to a successful program.”