Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Chirinos, Guyer reinstated to 40-man roster
Posted Nov 2, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 2, 2012 at 04:44 PM
The Rays reinstated OF Brandon Guyer and C Robinson Chirinos from the 60-day disabled list and added LHP Frank De Los Santos to the 40-man roster.
The Rays now have 34 players on the 40-man roster.
Chirinos missed all of 2012 after suffering a concussion during spring training when he took a foul-tip off his facemask.
Guyer had seven at-bats in three games with the Rays in May then had season-ending shoulder surgery.
De Los Santos split the 2012 season between Double A Montgomery and Triple A Durham, appearing in 51 games. He was 7-2 with a 2.11 ERA and five saves.