Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Chirinos, Guyer reinstated to 40-man roster
Posted Nov 2, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 2, 2012 at 04:44 PM
The Rays reinstated OF Brandon Guyer and C Robinson Chirinos from the 60-day disabled list and added LHP Frank De Los Santos to the 40-man roster.
The Rays now have 34 players on the 40-man roster.
Chirinos missed all of 2012 after suffering a concussion during spring training when he took a foul-tip off his facemask.
Guyer had seven at-bats in three games with the Rays in May then had season-ending shoulder surgery.
De Los Santos split the 2012 season between Double A Montgomery and Triple A Durham, appearing in 51 games. He was 7-2 with a 2.11 ERA and five saves.