Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Charlotte’s Meyers commits to USF
Posted May 29, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated May 29, 2011 at 01:45 PM
Punta Gorda Charlotte senior Chase Meyers, the Class 3A state champion in the high jump, has made a commitment to the University of South Florida, Meyers told the Tribune on Saturday.
The 6-foot-3, 180-pound Meyers captured the 3A state title with a mark of 6-8 and has a personal best of 6-10. He won Saturday’s Golden South Classic, considered one of the most competitive meets in the Southeastern United States, with a height of 6-8.
Meyers is one of the most versatile athletes at Charlotte. Besides the high jump, he qualified for the state meet in the discus and has a lifetime best of 141-1. He was also the punter and place kicker on the Tarpons’ football team that reached the region semifinals.