Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Charlotte’s Meyers commits to USF
Posted May 29, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated May 29, 2011 at 01:45 PM
Punta Gorda Charlotte senior Chase Meyers, the Class 3A state champion in the high jump, has made a commitment to the University of South Florida, Meyers told the Tribune on Saturday.
The 6-foot-3, 180-pound Meyers captured the 3A state title with a mark of 6-8 and has a personal best of 6-10. He won Saturday’s Golden South Classic, considered one of the most competitive meets in the Southeastern United States, with a height of 6-8.
Meyers is one of the most versatile athletes at Charlotte. Besides the high jump, he qualified for the state meet in the discus and has a lifetime best of 141-1. He was also the punter and place kicker on the Tarpons’ football team that reached the region semifinals.