Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Charlotte’s Meyers commits to USF
Posted May 29, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated May 29, 2011 at 01:45 PM
Punta Gorda Charlotte senior Chase Meyers, the Class 3A state champion in the high jump, has made a commitment to the University of South Florida, Meyers told the Tribune on Saturday.
The 6-foot-3, 180-pound Meyers captured the 3A state title with a mark of 6-8 and has a personal best of 6-10. He won Saturday’s Golden South Classic, considered one of the most competitive meets in the Southeastern United States, with a height of 6-8.
Meyers is one of the most versatile athletes at Charlotte. Besides the high jump, he qualified for the state meet in the discus and has a lifetime best of 141-1. He was also the punter and place kicker on the Tarpons’ football team that reached the region semifinals.