Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Chamberlain’s Scott commits to FAU
Posted Aug 15, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Aug 15, 2012 at 09:45 PM
Chamberlain athlete/wide receiver/defensive back Ronnie Scott became the second Chiefs standout to make an early college commitment when the 5-foot-10, 160-pound senior made a verbal pledge to Florida Atlantic University, head coach D.J. Mayo announced Wednesday.
Scott joins teammate Xavier Johnson in making a college choice before the start of the season. Earlier this summer, Johnson, a running back who piled up more than 1,700 yards last season, made a commitment to South Alabama.
Last season, Scott saw action on both sides of the ball, making 28 tackles as a defensive back and hauling in eight passes for 126 yards and one touchdown. He also handled the bulk of the Chiefs’ punt returns, averaging nearly 10 yards per return.