Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Chamberlain’s Scott commits to FAU
Posted Aug 15, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Aug 15, 2012 at 09:45 PM
Chamberlain athlete/wide receiver/defensive back Ronnie Scott became the second Chiefs standout to make an early college commitment when the 5-foot-10, 160-pound senior made a verbal pledge to Florida Atlantic University, head coach D.J. Mayo announced Wednesday.
Scott joins teammate Xavier Johnson in making a college choice before the start of the season. Earlier this summer, Johnson, a running back who piled up more than 1,700 yards last season, made a commitment to South Alabama.
Last season, Scott saw action on both sides of the ball, making 28 tackles as a defensive back and hauling in eight passes for 126 yards and one touchdown. He also handled the bulk of the Chiefs’ punt returns, averaging nearly 10 yards per return.