Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Chamberlain’s Scott commits to FAU
Posted Aug 15, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Aug 15, 2012 at 09:45 PM
Chamberlain athlete/wide receiver/defensive back Ronnie Scott became the second Chiefs standout to make an early college commitment when the 5-foot-10, 160-pound senior made a verbal pledge to Florida Atlantic University, head coach D.J. Mayo announced Wednesday.
Scott joins teammate Xavier Johnson in making a college choice before the start of the season. Earlier this summer, Johnson, a running back who piled up more than 1,700 yards last season, made a commitment to South Alabama.
Last season, Scott saw action on both sides of the ball, making 28 tackles as a defensive back and hauling in eight passes for 126 yards and one touchdown. He also handled the bulk of the Chiefs’ punt returns, averaging nearly 10 yards per return.