Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Chamberlain RB Xavier Johnson commits to South Alabama
Posted Jun 16, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Jun 16, 2012 at 07:45 PM
Chamberlain senior running back Xavier Johnson verbally committed to South Alabama chiefs coach D.J. Mayo announced Saturday evening.
Johnson, a All-Hillsborough County first team selection by the Tampa Tribune, was the Chiefs offensive go-to player for 2-8 Chamberlain in 2011, rushing for 1,736 yards and 16 touchdowns on 231 carries. His yardage total was third among running backs in the county.
Johnson, a 5-foot-10, 185-pound elusive back, also had offers from Florida A&M, Toledo, UMass, Middle Tennessee and Ohio.