Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
CB Wright out for big game vs. Falcons
Posted Nov 25, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – A Tampa Bay Buccaneers secondary that has struggled more than any other team in the league to defend the pass this year will now have to take on the pass-happy Atlanta Falcons without one of its key starters.
Cornerback Eric Wright, who missed most of last week’s workouts at One Buc Place with a sore left Achilles tendon, will not dress for today’s NFC South matchup at Raymond James Stadium.
The Bucs also scratched running back Michael Smith, safety Cody Grimm, linebacker Najee Goode, guard Cody Wallace, defensive tackle Matthew Masifilo and wide receiver David Douglas from their lineup.
With Wright out the Bucs will start Largo High product Leonard Johnson at cornerback along with E.J. Biggers. Their assignment: stop the league’s third-rated pass offense.