Most Recent Entries
- Pasco High TE/DE Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
CB Wright out for big game vs. Falcons
Posted Nov 25, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – A Tampa Bay Buccaneers secondary that has struggled more than any other team in the league to defend the pass this year will now have to take on the pass-happy Atlanta Falcons without one of its key starters.
Cornerback Eric Wright, who missed most of last week’s workouts at One Buc Place with a sore left Achilles tendon, will not dress for today’s NFC South matchup at Raymond James Stadium.
The Bucs also scratched running back Michael Smith, safety Cody Grimm, linebacker Najee Goode, guard Cody Wallace, defensive tackle Matthew Masifilo and wide receiver David Douglas from their lineup.
With Wright out the Bucs will start Largo High product Leonard Johnson at cornerback along with E.J. Biggers. Their assignment: stop the league’s third-rated pass offense.