Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
CB Wright out for big game vs. Falcons
Posted Nov 25, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – A Tampa Bay Buccaneers secondary that has struggled more than any other team in the league to defend the pass this year will now have to take on the pass-happy Atlanta Falcons without one of its key starters.
Cornerback Eric Wright, who missed most of last week’s workouts at One Buc Place with a sore left Achilles tendon, will not dress for today’s NFC South matchup at Raymond James Stadium.
The Bucs also scratched running back Michael Smith, safety Cody Grimm, linebacker Najee Goode, guard Cody Wallace, defensive tackle Matthew Masifilo and wide receiver David Douglas from their lineup.
With Wright out the Bucs will start Largo High product Leonard Johnson at cornerback along with E.J. Biggers. Their assignment: stop the league’s third-rated pass offense.