Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Bush placed on restricted list, removed from active roster
Posted Mar 30, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 30, 2012 at 06:18 PM
BRADENTON The Rays announced Friday that minor league pitcher Matt Bush was placed on the restricted list and removed from the active roster and the 40-man roster, the first step in releasing him from the organization.
Executive vice president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said Sunday that Bush won’t play for the Rays after his alleged involvement in a DUI hit-and-run with injury that has left Tony Tufano, 72, of Port Charlotte, in critical condition with multiple fractures to his ribs and arms. He remains in a medically induced coma.
Bush remains in the Charlotte County Jail on $1.015 million bail, facing seven charges for his allegedly striking Tufano’s motorcycle while driving an SUV.