Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Bush placed on restricted list, removed from active roster
Posted Mar 30, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 30, 2012 at 06:18 PM
BRADENTON The Rays announced Friday that minor league pitcher Matt Bush was placed on the restricted list and removed from the active roster and the 40-man roster, the first step in releasing him from the organization.
Executive vice president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said Sunday that Bush won’t play for the Rays after his alleged involvement in a DUI hit-and-run with injury that has left Tony Tufano, 72, of Port Charlotte, in critical condition with multiple fractures to his ribs and arms. He remains in a medically induced coma.
Bush remains in the Charlotte County Jail on $1.015 million bail, facing seven charges for his allegedly striking Tufano’s motorcycle while driving an SUV.