Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Bush placed on restricted list, removed from active roster
Posted Mar 30, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 30, 2012 at 06:18 PM
BRADENTON The Rays announced Friday that minor league pitcher Matt Bush was placed on the restricted list and removed from the active roster and the 40-man roster, the first step in releasing him from the organization.
Executive vice president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said Sunday that Bush won’t play for the Rays after his alleged involvement in a DUI hit-and-run with injury that has left Tony Tufano, 72, of Port Charlotte, in critical condition with multiple fractures to his ribs and arms. He remains in a medically induced coma.
Bush remains in the Charlotte County Jail on $1.015 million bail, facing seven charges for his allegedly striking Tufano’s motorcycle while driving an SUV.