Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Burrell headed out of town
Posted Mar 4, 2009 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Mar 4, 2009 at 08:12 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE—Pat Burrell won’t see any Grapefruit League action until at least Monday, but his absence from the field will have nothing to do with the ball he fouled off his foot yesterday that led to him being scratched from tonight’s lineup.
Burrell is flying to California tomorrow and will remain there through the weekend for his sister’s wedding. The festivities will take place in San Francisco, so Burrell figures to be plenty jet-lagged when he returns on Monday. But you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do for family.
As for his foot, Burrell said it feels fine, no problems.