Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Pasco High’s Andrew Ivie, Bowman Archibald pick up offers from USF
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
Burrell headed out of town
Posted Mar 4, 2009 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Mar 4, 2009 at 08:12 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE—Pat Burrell won’t see any Grapefruit League action until at least Monday, but his absence from the field will have nothing to do with the ball he fouled off his foot yesterday that led to him being scratched from tonight’s lineup.
Burrell is flying to California tomorrow and will remain there through the weekend for his sister’s wedding. The festivities will take place in San Francisco, so Burrell figures to be plenty jet-lagged when he returns on Monday. But you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do for family.
As for his foot, Burrell said it feels fine, no problems.