- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Bulls within game of Big East lead
Posted May 4, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated May 4, 2012 at 08:26 PM
Behind the complete-game, two-hit pitching of LHP Andrew Barbosa, the University of South Florida Bulls won at St. John’s 3-0 on Friday night, closing to within a game of the Big East Conference lead with eight league games remaining.
St. John’s (29-17, 14-5) leads the Big East, but USF (30-16, 13-6) is right behind. Two games remain in the series. Meanwhile, Louisville (31-14, 12-6) faces West Virginia in a Saturday double-header, then a Sunday single game. Connecticut (24-20, 12-6) hosts Cincinnati in a Saturday double-header and Sunday single game.
Barbosa struck out eight batters and walked none in USF’s best pitching performance this season (or any season, for that matter).
After this weekend, the Bulls have a home series against Connecticut and a road series at West Virginia. The Big East tournament is at Clearwater’s Bright House Stadium on May 23-27 with the winner earning an automatic NCAA regional bid.