- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Bulls within game of Big East lead
Posted May 4, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated May 4, 2012 at 08:26 PM
Behind the complete-game, two-hit pitching of LHP Andrew Barbosa, the University of South Florida Bulls won at St. John’s 3-0 on Friday night, closing to within a game of the Big East Conference lead with eight league games remaining.
St. John’s (29-17, 14-5) leads the Big East, but USF (30-16, 13-6) is right behind. Two games remain in the series. Meanwhile, Louisville (31-14, 12-6) faces West Virginia in a Saturday double-header, then a Sunday single game. Connecticut (24-20, 12-6) hosts Cincinnati in a Saturday double-header and Sunday single game.
Barbosa struck out eight batters and walked none in USF’s best pitching performance this season (or any season, for that matter).
After this weekend, the Bulls have a home series against Connecticut and a road series at West Virginia. The Big East tournament is at Clearwater’s Bright House Stadium on May 23-27 with the winner earning an automatic NCAA regional bid.