- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bulls within game of Big East lead
Posted May 4, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated May 4, 2012 at 08:26 PM
Behind the complete-game, two-hit pitching of LHP Andrew Barbosa, the University of South Florida Bulls won at St. John’s 3-0 on Friday night, closing to within a game of the Big East Conference lead with eight league games remaining.
St. John’s (29-17, 14-5) leads the Big East, but USF (30-16, 13-6) is right behind. Two games remain in the series. Meanwhile, Louisville (31-14, 12-6) faces West Virginia in a Saturday double-header, then a Sunday single game. Connecticut (24-20, 12-6) hosts Cincinnati in a Saturday double-header and Sunday single game.
Barbosa struck out eight batters and walked none in USF’s best pitching performance this season (or any season, for that matter).
After this weekend, the Bulls have a home series against Connecticut and a road series at West Virginia. The Big East tournament is at Clearwater’s Bright House Stadium on May 23-27 with the winner earning an automatic NCAA regional bid.