Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Bucs Sign/Release Players
Posted Sep 2, 2007 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Sep 2, 2007 at 07:51 PM
TAMPA – The Bucs did not waste any time resigning running back Kenneth Darby and six other players to their practice squad a day after their release.
Darby, cornerback Marcus Hamilton, tight end Keith Heinrich, receiver Chad Lucas, center/guard Enoka Lucas, tackle Dennis Roland and fullback Byron Storer were signed to practice squad contracts on Sunday.
Retaining Darby is seemingly a good move for Tampa Bay, which drafted him out of Alabama in the seventh round earlier this year. Darby led Tampa Bay in rushing with 33 rushes for 135 yards and one touchdown during the preseason, and considering the Bucs are only carrying four backs on their roster, he could be called upon any of those players sustain an injury
Sunday’s practice squad signings were just one of several moves by Tampa Bay.
The Bucs also claimed receiver claimed Taye Biddle and cornerback Anthony Madison off waivers from Carolina and Pittsburgh, respectively. To make room for those new additions, the Bucs released cornerback Sammy Davis and linebacker Leon Joe.
In addition, the team placed tackle Chris Denman, receiver Chas Gessner, cornerback Carlos Hendricks and receiver Paris Warren on injured reserve.
However, the Bucs released guard Jeb Terry from injured reserve after he reached an injury settlement with the club.
Biddle, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent with Carolina in 2006, has played in two career games with three receptions for 37 yards.
Madison played in 11 games with the Steelers last season, totaling three tackles, as well as 10 special teams tackles. Madison entered the league as an undrafted free agent with Pittsburgh in 2006.
Davis was signed as a free agent by the Buccaneers on March 13. Joe was claimed off waivers from the Chicago Bears on August 28.