Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs Sign/Release Players
Posted Sep 2, 2007 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Sep 2, 2007 at 07:51 PM
TAMPA – The Bucs did not waste any time resigning running back Kenneth Darby and six other players to their practice squad a day after their release.
Darby, cornerback Marcus Hamilton, tight end Keith Heinrich, receiver Chad Lucas, center/guard Enoka Lucas, tackle Dennis Roland and fullback Byron Storer were signed to practice squad contracts on Sunday.
Retaining Darby is seemingly a good move for Tampa Bay, which drafted him out of Alabama in the seventh round earlier this year. Darby led Tampa Bay in rushing with 33 rushes for 135 yards and one touchdown during the preseason, and considering the Bucs are only carrying four backs on their roster, he could be called upon any of those players sustain an injury
Sunday’s practice squad signings were just one of several moves by Tampa Bay.
The Bucs also claimed receiver claimed Taye Biddle and cornerback Anthony Madison off waivers from Carolina and Pittsburgh, respectively. To make room for those new additions, the Bucs released cornerback Sammy Davis and linebacker Leon Joe.
In addition, the team placed tackle Chris Denman, receiver Chas Gessner, cornerback Carlos Hendricks and receiver Paris Warren on injured reserve.
However, the Bucs released guard Jeb Terry from injured reserve after he reached an injury settlement with the club.
Biddle, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent with Carolina in 2006, has played in two career games with three receptions for 37 yards.
Madison played in 11 games with the Steelers last season, totaling three tackles, as well as 10 special teams tackles. Madison entered the league as an undrafted free agent with Pittsburgh in 2006.
Davis was signed as a free agent by the Buccaneers on March 13. Joe was claimed off waivers from the Chicago Bears on August 28.