Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs sign PK Dimke, waive TE Landi
Posted Jun 4, 2013 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jun 4, 2013 at 05:43 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Buccaneers have been on the lookout for a place kicker to give Connor Barth some competition ever since veteran Nate Kaeding retired in May and finally it seems they have one.
Following a workout at One Buc Place on Tuesday the Bucs signed former University of Illinois kicker Derek Dimke.
The 6-foot, 180-pound Dimke originally entered the league as a college free agent with the Detroit Lions in 2012, appearing in three preseason games and going 2-foi-2 on field goal tries and 3-for-3 on extra points.
To make room on their roster for Dimke the Bucs waived former University of South Florida tight end Evan Landi.