Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Bucs sign PK Dimke, waive TE Landi
Posted Jun 4, 2013 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jun 4, 2013 at 05:43 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Buccaneers have been on the lookout for a place kicker to give Connor Barth some competition ever since veteran Nate Kaeding retired in May and finally it seems they have one.
Following a workout at One Buc Place on Tuesday the Bucs signed former University of Illinois kicker Derek Dimke.
The 6-foot, 180-pound Dimke originally entered the league as a college free agent with the Detroit Lions in 2012, appearing in three preseason games and going 2-foi-2 on field goal tries and 3-for-3 on extra points.
To make room on their roster for Dimke the Bucs waived former University of South Florida tight end Evan Landi.