Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Bucs sign 8 from practice squad
Posted Jan 4, 2011 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 4, 2011 at 03:20 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Bucs built their 2010 playoff contender in part by signing players away from other team’s practice squads. On Monday they took step to make sure no one can build a contender by signing players from their practice squad.
In a move that was mostly overlooked, the Bucs signed the eight players that made up their practice squad at the end of the season.
That group included S Vince Anderson and OL Marc Dile, both of whom have been on the Bucs active roster in the past, as well as LBs J.D. Folsom and Simoni Lawrence, WR Ed Gant, FB Rendrick Taylor, DE E.J. Wilson and OL John Malecki.