Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs sign 8 from practice squad
Posted Jan 4, 2011 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 4, 2011 at 03:20 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Bucs built their 2010 playoff contender in part by signing players away from other team’s practice squads. On Monday they took step to make sure no one can build a contender by signing players from their practice squad.
In a move that was mostly overlooked, the Bucs signed the eight players that made up their practice squad at the end of the season.
That group included S Vince Anderson and OL Marc Dile, both of whom have been on the Bucs active roster in the past, as well as LBs J.D. Folsom and Simoni Lawrence, WR Ed Gant, FB Rendrick Taylor, DE E.J. Wilson and OL John Malecki.