Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Bucs sign 8 from practice squad
Posted Jan 4, 2011 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 4, 2011 at 03:20 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Bucs built their 2010 playoff contender in part by signing players away from other team’s practice squads. On Monday they took step to make sure no one can build a contender by signing players from their practice squad.
In a move that was mostly overlooked, the Bucs signed the eight players that made up their practice squad at the end of the season.
That group included S Vince Anderson and OL Marc Dile, both of whom have been on the Bucs active roster in the past, as well as LBs J.D. Folsom and Simoni Lawrence, WR Ed Gant, FB Rendrick Taylor, DE E.J. Wilson and OL John Malecki.