Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs sign 7th-round draft picks Smith, Dunsmore
Posted May 7, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated May 7, 2012 at 04:26 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Buccaneers began signing their most recent draft picks on Monday, inking seventh-round selections Michael Smith and Drake Dunsmore to four-year deals.
Smith, a running back out of Utah State, was selected 212th overall after playing in 28 games with 12 starts as a collegian and running 184 times for 1,327 yards and 15 touchdowns, the ninth-most in school history.
Dunsmore was selected 233rd overall out of Northwestern University. He started in 29 of the 50 games he played for the Wildcats, recording 143 receptions for 1,567 yards and 14 touchdowns, which ranked as the fourth-most in program history.
As a senior, Dunsmore was the team’s second-leading receiver with 45 catches for 522 yards and six touchdowns, earning consensus first-team All-Big Ten and the Big Ten’s Kwalick-Clark Tight End of the Year award.
A speedy back who will likely compete for carries mostly on third downs, Smith also caught 38 passes for for 424 yards and four touchdowns at Utah State. His career 7.1 yards per carry average ranked as the best-mark in school history with a minimum of 150 rushes.