Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Bucs sign 7th-round draft picks Smith, Dunsmore
Posted May 7, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated May 7, 2012 at 04:26 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Buccaneers began signing their most recent draft picks on Monday, inking seventh-round selections Michael Smith and Drake Dunsmore to four-year deals.
Smith, a running back out of Utah State, was selected 212th overall after playing in 28 games with 12 starts as a collegian and running 184 times for 1,327 yards and 15 touchdowns, the ninth-most in school history.
Dunsmore was selected 233rd overall out of Northwestern University. He started in 29 of the 50 games he played for the Wildcats, recording 143 receptions for 1,567 yards and 14 touchdowns, which ranked as the fourth-most in program history.
As a senior, Dunsmore was the team’s second-leading receiver with 45 catches for 522 yards and six touchdowns, earning consensus first-team All-Big Ten and the Big Ten’s Kwalick-Clark Tight End of the Year award.
A speedy back who will likely compete for carries mostly on third downs, Smith also caught 38 passes for for 424 yards and four touchdowns at Utah State. His career 7.1 yards per carry average ranked as the best-mark in school history with a minimum of 150 rushes.