Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Bucs sign 3rd-round pick QB Glennon to four-year contract
Posted Jun 12, 2013 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jun 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Buccaneers completed the task of signing their 2013 draft picks on Wednesday when they inked former North Carolina State quarterback Mike Glennon to a four-year contract.
The 6-foot-7, 225-pound Glennon was the Bucs third-round selection. He is expected to compete during training camp with veteran Dan Orlovsky for the right to backup projected starter Josh Freeman.
Glennon replaced Russell Wilson as the starter at N.C. State during his junior year and went on to start each of his last 26 games, completing 646 of 1.069 passes for 7,411 yards and 63 touchdowns.
Glennon left the Wolfpack program ranked fourth in school history in all-time passing yards behind Wilson, who left N.C. State for Wisconsin and eventually became a rookie starter for the Seattle Seahawks last season.