Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Bucs Receive Good News On Cadillac
Posted Dec 29, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Dec 29, 2008 at 02:16 PM
TAMPA – There was some good news coming out of One Buc Place on Monday, and it was news involving running back Cadillac Williams.
Williams did suffer a torn left patellar tendon on Sunday against the Raiders, but the severity of the injury is not as great as the tear he suffered last season when he ripped his right knee apart in a game in Carolina.
“It’s more of a tear off the bone, so the rehab process should be much easier,’’ Williams said.
The hope is that Williams will be back in time for training camp. But after returning from a 13-month layoff, Williams said he remains very frustrated by the latest setback.
Williams was injured in the fourth quarter Sunday at the end of a 28-yard run when he was tackled by Oakland’s Chris Johnson. Williams was having his most productive day since being activated from injured reserve in November. He finished with 12 carries for 78 yards and two touchdowns and five receptions for 37 yards.
“It’s tough,’’ he said. “I was getting a few carries here and there and starting to feel like my old self again. My right knee, which is now my good knee, was feeling good. It’s just a freak accident. I have no luck right now.’’