Most Recent Entries
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
- Glennon finalist for rookie award for second straight week
Bucs re-sign McCargo yet again
Posted Nov 14, 2011 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 14, 2011 at 04:48 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – John McCargo is back with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Less than a week after he was signed and then let go to make room for Albert Haynesworth, McCargo signed on with the Bucs for the third time this year, this time as a replacement for the injured George Johnson.
Johnson was placed on injured reserve after he suffered a knee injury near the end of het first half of the Bucs 37-9 loss to the Houston Texans at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday.
McCargo is a former first-round pick of the Buffalo Bills (2006). He signed with the Bucs as a free agent during training camp but was later let go and was re-signed last week after the Bucs placed Gerald McCoy on IR with a right biceps tear.