Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Bucs place WR Stroughter on IR
Posted Sep 21, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Buccaneers continued to shake up their receiving corps Friday, but the latest change was more or less forced upon them.
A broken right foot has forced the team to place backup receiver and punt returner Sammie Stroughter on injured reserve, meaning he is lost for the season.
In response, the Bucs have signed rookie wide receiver/ return man Chris Owusu, a Stanford product who the Bucs signed off the San Diego Chargers practice squad.
Owusu first came into the league as an undrafted free agent with the San Francisco 49ers. He signed on with the Chargers after being released by San Francisco.
The addition of Owusu is the third made to the receiving corps this week. On Tuesday the Bucs earlier re-signed receiver/return man Jordan Shipley, who was claimed off waivers during training camp from the Bengals but released before the start of the regular season. On Thursday they released Preston Parker and re-signed Tiquan Underwood, who was also cut before the start of the season despite leading the Bucs in pass receptions during the preseason.