Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs place WR Stroughter on IR
Posted Sep 21, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Buccaneers continued to shake up their receiving corps Friday, but the latest change was more or less forced upon them.
A broken right foot has forced the team to place backup receiver and punt returner Sammie Stroughter on injured reserve, meaning he is lost for the season.
In response, the Bucs have signed rookie wide receiver/ return man Chris Owusu, a Stanford product who the Bucs signed off the San Diego Chargers practice squad.
Owusu first came into the league as an undrafted free agent with the San Francisco 49ers. He signed on with the Chargers after being released by San Francisco.
The addition of Owusu is the third made to the receiving corps this week. On Tuesday the Bucs earlier re-signed receiver/return man Jordan Shipley, who was claimed off waivers during training camp from the Bengals but released before the start of the regular season. On Thursday they released Preston Parker and re-signed Tiquan Underwood, who was also cut before the start of the season despite leading the Bucs in pass receptions during the preseason.