Most Recent Entries
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
Bucs place WR/KR Benn on IR
Posted Nov 22, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have placed wride receiver and kick returner Arrelious Benn on injured reserve.
Benn, who has been the Bucs primary kick returner this season, has been nursing a sore shoulder for several weeks and was replaced by LeQuan Lewis in that role during last Sunday’s victory at Carolina.
The Bucs signed receiver David Douglas to their 53-man roster as a replacement for Benn, who was the Bucs second-round draft pick in 2010.
Douglas, a rookie out of Arizona, was signed off the New York Giants practice squad. He entered the league earlier in the year as an undrafted free agent.