Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Bucs place WR/KR Benn on IR
Posted Nov 22, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have placed wride receiver and kick returner Arrelious Benn on injured reserve.
Benn, who has been the Bucs primary kick returner this season, has been nursing a sore shoulder for several weeks and was replaced by LeQuan Lewis in that role during last Sunday’s victory at Carolina.
The Bucs signed receiver David Douglas to their 53-man roster as a replacement for Benn, who was the Bucs second-round draft pick in 2010.
Douglas, a rookie out of Arizona, was signed off the New York Giants practice squad. He entered the league earlier in the year as an undrafted free agent.