Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs place WR/KR Benn on IR
Posted Nov 22, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have placed wride receiver and kick returner Arrelious Benn on injured reserve.
Benn, who has been the Bucs primary kick returner this season, has been nursing a sore shoulder for several weeks and was replaced by LeQuan Lewis in that role during last Sunday’s victory at Carolina.
The Bucs signed receiver David Douglas to their 53-man roster as a replacement for Benn, who was the Bucs second-round draft pick in 2010.
Douglas, a rookie out of Arizona, was signed off the New York Giants practice squad. He entered the league earlier in the year as an undrafted free agent.