Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs minicamp begins; NFL schedule out tonight
Posted Apr 17, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Apr 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
Today is shaping up to be a pretty big day for the Buccaneers and new head coach Greg Schiano.
Not only is today the beginning of the team’s first minicamp under Schiano, it is also the day the NFL schedule is due to come out.
Schiano, who replaced Raheem Morris in January, will begin his first minicamp with a workout at One Buc Place today at 2:30.
The schedule he will have to deal with during his rookie year as head coach is slated to come out later in the day, or early tonight.
The Bucs began their offseason workout program under Schiano on April 2, and today will mark the beginning of the first of three minicamps.
The Bucs will be on the field at One Buc Place today, Wednesday and Thursday, so players will get their first real taste of a Schiano workout.
One thing to keep in mind today is that this is a voluntary workout. Players are strong urged, but not required, to attend.
With this being Schiano’s first on-field drill instruction, however, you can bet that most players will be on hand.
Stay tuned to TBO.com, twitter and facebook for live updates on the practice and the schedule release.