Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Bucs Might Pursue Released DE Jason Taylor
Posted Mar 2, 2009 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Mar 2, 2009 at 05:43 PM
Tampa Bay is in need of a pass rusher and the Bucs might finally have an opportunity to snag one.
The Washington Redskins just released DE Jason Taylor only a few days after signing DE Albert Haynesworth. This is something that doesn’t come as a surprise considering Taylor’s salary, age and tendency to get injured.
However, this might end up being great news for Buc fans.
We’ve been hearing from several sources since last week that this move was going to occur, and that once it did, Tampa Bay was going to heavily pursue Taylor. We hear so many rumors that we were hesitant to report it, but there might be something to it now.
It makes 100 percent sense because newly hired defensive coordinator Jim Bates coached Taylor in Miami and loves him. Tampa Bay also needs a great pass rusher who can mold Gaines Adams and Taylor would be the perfect fit.
Buc fans have been wanting a big free agent signing.
Now we’ll have to see if Taylor is big enough for Tampa Bay to pursue.