Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Bucs Makes Several Moves
Posted Aug 28, 2007 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 28, 2007 at 05:06 PM
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers today announced that they have claimed LB Leon Joe off waivers from the Chicago Bears. In addition, the team placed TE Matt Herian and G Jeb Terry on the Injured Reserve list and released P Sean Douglas.
Joe, in his fourth NFL season, has played in 28 career games with one start as a member of the Chicago Bears (2004-07) and Arizona Cardinals (2004). He has totaled 22 career tackles, along with contributing 32 career special teams tackles.
Joe entered the league as a fourth-round pick (112th overall) by the Bears in the 2004 NFL Draft before being waived and claimed by the Cardinals on September 16, 2004. He was later waived by the Cardinals on July 28, 2005 and claimed by the Bears on July 29.
Douglas, who was signed as a free agent on June 19, played in Tampa Bay’s three preseason games. Terry saw action in the first two preseason games, and Herian played in the preseason opener against New England.