Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs Makes Several Moves
Posted Aug 28, 2007 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 28, 2007 at 05:06 PM
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers today announced that they have claimed LB Leon Joe off waivers from the Chicago Bears. In addition, the team placed TE Matt Herian and G Jeb Terry on the Injured Reserve list and released P Sean Douglas.
Joe, in his fourth NFL season, has played in 28 career games with one start as a member of the Chicago Bears (2004-07) and Arizona Cardinals (2004). He has totaled 22 career tackles, along with contributing 32 career special teams tackles.
Joe entered the league as a fourth-round pick (112th overall) by the Bears in the 2004 NFL Draft before being waived and claimed by the Cardinals on September 16, 2004. He was later waived by the Cardinals on July 28, 2005 and claimed by the Bears on July 29.
Douglas, who was signed as a free agent on June 19, played in Tampa Bay’s three preseason games. Terry saw action in the first two preseason games, and Herian played in the preseason opener against New England.