Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Bucs Makes Several Moves
Posted Aug 28, 2007 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 28, 2007 at 05:06 PM
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers today announced that they have claimed LB Leon Joe off waivers from the Chicago Bears. In addition, the team placed TE Matt Herian and G Jeb Terry on the Injured Reserve list and released P Sean Douglas.
Joe, in his fourth NFL season, has played in 28 career games with one start as a member of the Chicago Bears (2004-07) and Arizona Cardinals (2004). He has totaled 22 career tackles, along with contributing 32 career special teams tackles.
Joe entered the league as a fourth-round pick (112th overall) by the Bears in the 2004 NFL Draft before being waived and claimed by the Cardinals on September 16, 2004. He was later waived by the Cardinals on July 28, 2005 and claimed by the Bears on July 29.
Douglas, who was signed as a free agent on June 19, played in Tampa Bay’s three preseason games. Terry saw action in the first two preseason games, and Herian played in the preseason opener against New England.