Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Bucs lose another free agent target; eye others
Posted Mar 3, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Mar 3, 2008 at 02:07 PM
TAMPA - We’re not sure just how busted up the Bucs are over this, but LB Niko Koutouvides has signed with the Denver Broncos.
Koutouvides, who spent last season backing up at middle linebacker for the Seahawks, was one of the first free agents the Bucs contacted when the market opened up last Friday. According to Adam Schefter of NFL.com he signed a multi-year deal worth $2.5 million per year.
Again, we’re not sure how upset the Bucs are over this because we know they’re in the market for a backup middle backer to play behind Barrett Ruud. They have Teddy Lehman in today and Lehman would probably be a good fit here.
Back on the running back front, the Bucs have reached out to the agent for Titans free agent Chris Brown, who just may be the best back remaining on the market. We’re sure they’re also interested in at least checking out Warrick Dunn, but so far they have expressed no interest in LaBrandon Toefield, who they talked about trading for last fall.
No visit with Brown has been arranged yet but one could be in the books by the end of the day. Of course, Dunn could be on his way to Tampa by then, too. We’ll keep you informed on all that’s happening, hopefully as it happens, right here at TBO.com