Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bucs Cut Paris Warren
Posted Aug 26, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 26, 2008 at 06:14 PM
Tampa Bay has officially reduced its roster by five players, with WR Paris Warren the most notable cut.
The other players released are:
LB Antoine Cash (injured) - neck
CB Sammy Davis (injured) - hip flexor
S Donte Nicholson (injured) - knee
Davis was placed on injured reserve, while Cash and Nicholson are “waive injured”, meaning if they clear waivers, they will be also be placed on injured reserve.
In addition, the Bucs have placed RB Cadillac Williams on the reserve physically unable to perform list. He is can not be activated in the first six weeks.
Warren’s cut does not come as a surprise. He was a standout last year before breaking his foot during the final preseason game. Warren attempted to comeback this year, but did not have the same speed he possessed before that injury.