Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Bucs Cut Paris Warren
Posted Aug 26, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 26, 2008 at 06:14 PM
Tampa Bay has officially reduced its roster by five players, with WR Paris Warren the most notable cut.
The other players released are:
LB Antoine Cash (injured) - neck
CB Sammy Davis (injured) - hip flexor
S Donte Nicholson (injured) - knee
Davis was placed on injured reserve, while Cash and Nicholson are “waive injured”, meaning if they clear waivers, they will be also be placed on injured reserve.
In addition, the Bucs have placed RB Cadillac Williams on the reserve physically unable to perform list. He is can not be activated in the first six weeks.
Warren’s cut does not come as a surprise. He was a standout last year before breaking his foot during the final preseason game. Warren attempted to comeback this year, but did not have the same speed he possessed before that injury.