Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Bucs Cut Paris Warren
Posted Aug 26, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 26, 2008 at 06:14 PM
Tampa Bay has officially reduced its roster by five players, with WR Paris Warren the most notable cut.
The other players released are:
LB Antoine Cash (injured) - neck
CB Sammy Davis (injured) - hip flexor
S Donte Nicholson (injured) - knee
Davis was placed on injured reserve, while Cash and Nicholson are “waive injured”, meaning if they clear waivers, they will be also be placed on injured reserve.
In addition, the Bucs have placed RB Cadillac Williams on the reserve physically unable to perform list. He is can not be activated in the first six weeks.
Warren’s cut does not come as a surprise. He was a standout last year before breaking his foot during the final preseason game. Warren attempted to comeback this year, but did not have the same speed he possessed before that injury.