Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Bucs Claim Two Off Waivers
Posted Sep 5, 2010 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 5, 2010 at 02:52 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Bucs have been pretty busy the last 24 hours, scouring the waiver wire for upgrades to their roster.
So far, it seems, they’ve found two players they believe can help them. One is former Patriots C Ted Larsen. The other is former Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin.
What the Bucs plans for these players are is hard to know just yet. The team has not confirmed the signings and it’s quite possible more are coming.
The 6-2, 3050-pound Larsen is a former sixth-round pick of the Patriots out of North Carolina State. Lumpkin was a standout at Georgia, but he went undrafted before being signed by the Packers in 2008.