Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Bucs Claim Two Off Waivers
Posted Sep 5, 2010 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 5, 2010 at 02:52 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Bucs have been pretty busy the last 24 hours, scouring the waiver wire for upgrades to their roster.
So far, it seems, they’ve found two players they believe can help them. One is former Patriots C Ted Larsen. The other is former Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin.
What the Bucs plans for these players are is hard to know just yet. The team has not confirmed the signings and it’s quite possible more are coming.
The 6-2, 3050-pound Larsen is a former sixth-round pick of the Patriots out of North Carolina State. Lumpkin was a standout at Georgia, but he went undrafted before being signed by the Packers in 2008.