Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Buc Got A Fifth-Round Pick For Smith
Posted May 3, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated May 3, 2009 at 11:46 AM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – For those of you keeping score at home, it was a fifth-round pick in next year’s draft that the Bucs got back from the Patriots in the Alex Smith trade.
Smith was deemed expendable after the Bucs traded for tight end Kellen Winslow and re-signed tight end Jerramy Stevens.
The Bucs gave up a second-round pick in this year’s draft and a fifth next year for Winslow. They now have the fifth back.