Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Buc Got A Fifth-Round Pick For Smith
Posted May 3, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated May 3, 2009 at 11:46 AM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – For those of you keeping score at home, it was a fifth-round pick in next year’s draft that the Bucs got back from the Patriots in the Alex Smith trade.
Smith was deemed expendable after the Bucs traded for tight end Kellen Winslow and re-signed tight end Jerramy Stevens.
The Bucs gave up a second-round pick in this year’s draft and a fifth next year for Winslow. They now have the fifth back.