Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Brandon’s Stringfellow, Gordon, heading to next level
Posted Apr 11, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 11, 2012 at 08:45 AM
Former Brandon footbal coach John Lima announced Wednesday two athletes from his 2011 squad will be playing a the next level.
Wide receiver Jalen Stringfellow has landed a preferred walk-on offer from Florida International University while defensive back Jerome Gordon is headed to Division III Heidelberg University in Tiffin, Ohio.
The 6-foot-4, 180-pound Stringfellow was one of the Eagles top receivers last fall while Gordon was one of their leading tacklers.
Lima said three other Eagles standouts—running back/linebacker Tyrell Garner, receiver Chaz Laidler and cornerback/safety D’Andre Franklin—are weighing their options and are hoping to latch on to a college squad soon.
Photo: Brandon wide receiver Jalen Stringfellow has received a preferred walk-on offer at FIU. Photo by Jim Reed/The Tampa Tribune.