Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Brandon’s Chris Toney, Tyler Raymond sign with Kansas City CC
Posted Jul 10, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Jul 10, 2012 at 12:07 PM
A pair of Brandon’s Class 7A state runner up baseball players moving on to the next level as P/OF Chris Toney and 3B Tyler Raymond both signed to play baseball at Kansas City CC, Raymond’s father confirmed to the Tampa Tribune.
Toney was clutch on the mound for Brandon, posting an 11-1 record with a minuscule 0.91 ERA and a team-high 85 strikeouts. The six-foot righthander also had 12 RBI on 21 hits at the plate.
Raymond, a speedy infielder, had 12 stolen bases in 13 attempts, an .820 fielding percentage and a .318 batting average with 14 RBI and a home run.
Toney was named to the first team of the Tribune’s All-Hillsborough County baseball team, while Raymond was an honorable mention selection.
The Eagles went 20-9 this past season before losing 7-4 to Venice in the 7A state championship game in May.