Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Brandon senior wrestler Travis Berridge commits to Cal Poly
Posted Nov 20, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Nov 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Brandon senior wrestler Travis Berridge has committed to California Polytechnic State University, his parents told the Tampa Tribune in an e-mail.
Berridge was part of the Eagles state championship team last season that took home a 3A title. While wrestling in the 152-pound weight class, Berridge finished fourth overall, dropping the third-place match.
This season, Berridge has moved up to the 171-pound weight class, according to Eagles coach Russ Cozart. Berridge also has placed twice at states, finished eighth in the Super 32 and second in the NHSCA.
Cal Poly is a member of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) and the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges, as well as being known for its “learn by doing” educational philosophy. The Mustangs compete in the Pac 10 Conference, and their wrestling team finished 25th at the NCAA National Championship last season.