Most Recent Entries
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
- Glennon finalist for rookie award for second straight week
- Donruss baseball returning in February
Brandon senior wrestler Travis Berridge commits to Cal Poly
Posted Nov 20, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Nov 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Brandon senior wrestler Travis Berridge has committed to California Polytechnic State University, his parents told the Tampa Tribune in an e-mail.
Berridge was part of the Eagles state championship team last season that took home a 3A title. While wrestling in the 152-pound weight class, Berridge finished fourth overall, dropping the third-place match.
This season, Berridge has moved up to the 171-pound weight class, according to Eagles coach Russ Cozart. Berridge also has placed twice at states, finished eighth in the Super 32 and second in the NHSCA.
Cal Poly is a member of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) and the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges, as well as being known for its “learn by doing” educational philosophy. The Mustangs compete in the Pac 10 Conference, and their wrestling team finished 25th at the NCAA National Championship last season.