Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Brandon Eagles players select their college
Posted Mar 30, 2011 by Katherine Smith
Updated Mar 30, 2011 at 09:40 AM
Three members of Brandon’s football team will continue playing together at the next level.
Defensive lineman Shawn Council, wide receiver B.J. Dawkins and defensive back Reggie Roach committed to NAIA Bethel University in Tennessee, Eagles coach John Lima said. The trio will sign letters of intent during a ceremony on April 7 at the school. Also at that ceremony, offensive lineman Walter Keels will sign with a junior college.
Last season, in helping the Eagles to a 9-2 record, Council led the team with 8.5 sacks and also had 50 tackles. Offensively, he rushed for 373 yards and six touchdowns. Dawkins led the team in receiving yards with 168. Roach tied for the team lead with two interceptions and also had 10 receptions for 148 yards and one touchdown.