Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
Bowman Baseball will have lucky redemption cards
Posted May 4, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated May 4, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Topps continues to ramp up publicity on 2012 Bowman Baseball, which hits stores and hobby shops on May 9. The latest promotion will involve randomly inserted lucky redemption cards.
There will be three different lucky redemption cards. Finding redemption card No. 1 will entitle the collector to an autographed Yoenis Cespedes rookie card.
Collectors who pull redemption card No. 2 will win an autographed Bryce Harper rookie card.
Topps has not announced lucky redemption card No. 3 yet, but I suspect will will know the answer to that before May 9.
Redemption cards will be limited to 100 for each number.