Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Bowman Baseball will have lucky redemption cards
Posted May 4, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated May 4, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Topps continues to ramp up publicity on 2012 Bowman Baseball, which hits stores and hobby shops on May 9. The latest promotion will involve randomly inserted lucky redemption cards.
There will be three different lucky redemption cards. Finding redemption card No. 1 will entitle the collector to an autographed Yoenis Cespedes rookie card.
Collectors who pull redemption card No. 2 will win an autographed Bryce Harper rookie card.
Topps has not announced lucky redemption card No. 3 yet, but I suspect will will know the answer to that before May 9.
Redemption cards will be limited to 100 for each number.