Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Boston in the springtime (and Lightning update)
Posted Mar 31, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM
BOSTON - After landing in a light rain yesterday in Boston the weather today is terrific. Sunny with highs in the upper 50’s. The weather was even nice last night for a walk around the North End searching for one of the many wonderful Italian restaurants the area has to offer. Combine some homemade lasagna with a nice Chiant wine and you have the recipe for a great meal.
The recipe likely won’t be very good for the Lightning tonight, however. Tampa Bay has a bad history playing games in this city with three victories all-time. And with the Bruins revving up for the postseason, the task is a tough one tonight.
Lines this morning looked like this:
Matt Smaby had a long conversation with team trainer Tom Mulligan and may be a game-time decision.
Paul Szczechura skated again, but looks to be out.
Mike McKenna gets the start in net for Tampa Bay while the Bruins will go with Manny Fernandez.