Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Boston in the springtime (and Lightning update)
Posted Mar 31, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM
BOSTON - After landing in a light rain yesterday in Boston the weather today is terrific. Sunny with highs in the upper 50’s. The weather was even nice last night for a walk around the North End searching for one of the many wonderful Italian restaurants the area has to offer. Combine some homemade lasagna with a nice Chiant wine and you have the recipe for a great meal.
The recipe likely won’t be very good for the Lightning tonight, however. Tampa Bay has a bad history playing games in this city with three victories all-time. And with the Bruins revving up for the postseason, the task is a tough one tonight.
Lines this morning looked like this:
Matt Smaby had a long conversation with team trainer Tom Mulligan and may be a game-time decision.
Paul Szczechura skated again, but looks to be out.
Mike McKenna gets the start in net for Tampa Bay while the Bruins will go with Manny Fernandez.