Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Boston in the springtime (and Lightning update)
Posted Mar 31, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM
BOSTON - After landing in a light rain yesterday in Boston the weather today is terrific. Sunny with highs in the upper 50’s. The weather was even nice last night for a walk around the North End searching for one of the many wonderful Italian restaurants the area has to offer. Combine some homemade lasagna with a nice Chiant wine and you have the recipe for a great meal.
The recipe likely won’t be very good for the Lightning tonight, however. Tampa Bay has a bad history playing games in this city with three victories all-time. And with the Bruins revving up for the postseason, the task is a tough one tonight.
Lines this morning looked like this:
Matt Smaby had a long conversation with team trainer Tom Mulligan and may be a game-time decision.
Paul Szczechura skated again, but looks to be out.
Mike McKenna gets the start in net for Tampa Bay while the Bruins will go with Manny Fernandez.