Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Blake AD: football coach has not been sacked—yet
Posted Jun 1, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 1, 2012 at 02:14 PM
Contrary to reports, Blake athletic director Jesse Salters said Friday that Yellow Jackets head football coach Micheal Burns has not been fired.
Salters said there are “issues to be worked out” and that as of today, Burns is still the school’s coach. Salters said if the issues can be resolved, Burns could remain as coach. Slaters said he expected the situation to be resolved early next week.
Burns could not be reached for comment.
Burns, 39, was named coach Blake’s coach in February. Burns replaced veteran coach Harry Hubbard, who was dismissed in December after going 9-21 in three seasons. Blake football has not produced a winning season since 2000.
Stay tuned to TBO.com for updates on this situation.