Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Blake AD: football coach has not been sacked—yet
Posted Jun 1, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 1, 2012 at 02:14 PM
Contrary to reports, Blake athletic director Jesse Salters said Friday that Yellow Jackets head football coach Micheal Burns has not been fired.
Salters said there are “issues to be worked out” and that as of today, Burns is still the school’s coach. Salters said if the issues can be resolved, Burns could remain as coach. Slaters said he expected the situation to be resolved early next week.
Burns could not be reached for comment.
Burns, 39, was named coach Blake’s coach in February. Burns replaced veteran coach Harry Hubbard, who was dismissed in December after going 9-21 in three seasons. Blake football has not produced a winning season since 2000.
Stay tuned to TBO.com for updates on this situation.