Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Bishop McLaughlin tabs Gerking as boys hoops coach
Posted Jul 20, 2012 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Jul 20, 2012 at 03:13 PM
They say third time is the charm and Bishop McLaughlin now has its third boys basketball coach in the past three years as the Hurricanes have hired Evan Gerking, according to a press release by the school.
Gerking last coaching stint was as an assistant at Deltona Pine Ridge High. He also has coached at Lyman and University high schools, located in the Orlando area. On the college level, Gerking played basketball at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa and later became an assistant coach at his alma mater and coached at Minot State University (Minot, N.D.).
Gerkins replaces Jacksonville native Reilly Campbell, who stepped down on June 21 to spend more time with his family. Campbell coached only one season at Bishop McLaughlin.