Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Bishop McLaughlin tabs Gerking as boys hoops coach
Posted Jul 20, 2012 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Jul 20, 2012 at 03:13 PM
They say third time is the charm and Bishop McLaughlin now has its third boys basketball coach in the past three years as the Hurricanes have hired Evan Gerking, according to a press release by the school.
Gerking last coaching stint was as an assistant at Deltona Pine Ridge High. He also has coached at Lyman and University high schools, located in the Orlando area. On the college level, Gerking played basketball at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa and later became an assistant coach at his alma mater and coached at Minot State University (Minot, N.D.).
Gerkins replaces Jacksonville native Reilly Campbell, who stepped down on June 21 to spend more time with his family. Campbell coached only one season at Bishop McLaughlin.