- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Big & Rich, ESPN coming to USF Tuesday
Posted May 19, 2008 by Brett McMurphy
Updated May 19, 2008 at 01:07 PM
Big & Rich is Coming to This City.
Big & Rich, who performs “Coming to Your City, will tape its concert intro for ESPN’s College GameDay Tuesday at 2 p.m. on the University of South Florida campus at the corner of 50th Street and Holly Drive, just south of Fletcher Ave.
The outdoor concert footage will be used all season for the lead in to ESPN’s College GameDay. Any one is invited to attend. Admission is free and there will be concessions for sale.
Promoters request that people come dressed for an outdoor concert in generic shirts.
“If I have 100 people wearing USF shirts, it’s not good,” said Rick Paiva, vice president of creative services at ESPN. “We’ll have the [Rocky the] Bulls head out there, but this has to work for all games and all locations around the country.”
Tampa was chosen as the site over Los Angeles and Austin, Texas, Paiva said.
“We came here because this was the best place to shoot,” Paiva said.
This fall will be the fourth year, ESPN’s College GameDay has used Big & Rich’s “Coming To Your City” intro.
“We’re refreshing it for this year,” Paiva said.
Just because USF and Tampa is the site for the College GameDay intro, Paiva said it does not guarantee the school would host the popular College GameDay show during the season.
“But if USF keeps winning, we’ll show up,” Paiva said.