Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Between the Pipes autograph checklists released
Posted Apr 10, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Apr 10, 2012 at 06:23 PM
With In The Game set to release its Between The Pipes set on May 3, the company revealed its autograph checklist.
This product will feature authentic GoalieGraph cards, but there going to be seven other autograph and auto/relic sets. And if you’re a hockey card collector, there will be some nice ones. Certainly, there will be the large patch/autograph cards and the auto/jersey combos. But here’s where it gets interesting.
In The Game will have autograph cards that will feature pieces of hockey sticks, pads and gloves. Masked Men autographs (featuring goalies in their hockey masks) and dual autographs round out the set.
The GoalieGraphs will include not only autographs from the NHL’s starting goalies, but also signatures from future stars in the CHL and AHL. Goalies also will be sorted by decades from the 1950s to the present; imagine the thrill of unwrapping an Emile Francis autograph card (the 1950s), Ed Giacomin (1960s) or Tony Esposito (1970s). There are other big names too, like Curtis Joseph, Grant Fuhr, Patrick Roy, Billy Smith and Dominik Hasek.
Stars of The Game autographs will include Mathieu Garon and Dwayne Roloson of the Lightning, along with Roberto Luongo, Jonathan Bernier, Marc-Andre Fleury and Henrik Lundqvist.
Garon and Roloson also will be feature in the Masked Men autographs subset, with Tim Thomas and Martin Biron also included.
Among the dual autographs, the card that would intrigue me the most would be the card depicting past and present Boston Bruins goalies—Gerry Cheevers and Tim Thomas.