Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Between the Pipes autograph checklists released
Posted Apr 10, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Apr 10, 2012 at 06:23 PM
With In The Game set to release its Between The Pipes set on May 3, the company revealed its autograph checklist.
This product will feature authentic GoalieGraph cards, but there going to be seven other autograph and auto/relic sets. And if you’re a hockey card collector, there will be some nice ones. Certainly, there will be the large patch/autograph cards and the auto/jersey combos. But here’s where it gets interesting.
In The Game will have autograph cards that will feature pieces of hockey sticks, pads and gloves. Masked Men autographs (featuring goalies in their hockey masks) and dual autographs round out the set.
The GoalieGraphs will include not only autographs from the NHL’s starting goalies, but also signatures from future stars in the CHL and AHL. Goalies also will be sorted by decades from the 1950s to the present; imagine the thrill of unwrapping an Emile Francis autograph card (the 1950s), Ed Giacomin (1960s) or Tony Esposito (1970s). There are other big names too, like Curtis Joseph, Grant Fuhr, Patrick Roy, Billy Smith and Dominik Hasek.
Stars of The Game autographs will include Mathieu Garon and Dwayne Roloson of the Lightning, along with Roberto Luongo, Jonathan Bernier, Marc-Andre Fleury and Henrik Lundqvist.
Garon and Roloson also will be feature in the Masked Men autographs subset, with Tim Thomas and Martin Biron also included.
Among the dual autographs, the card that would intrigue me the most would be the card depicting past and present Boston Bruins goalies—Gerry Cheevers and Tim Thomas.