Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
TC’s Betts signs with Rollins
Posted Nov 19, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 19, 2012 at 05:09 PM
In a ceremony on the Tampa Catholic campus Monday, Crusaders senior basketball star Brittany Betts signed a National Letter of Intent with Rollins College.
Betts is a four-year member of TC’s varsity squad and currently leads the team in scoring, steals, and assists.
‘‘We are thrilled for Brittany,’’ said Tampa Catholic head coach Matthew Rocha. ‘‘Rollins is a phenomenal fit for her. She is a great kid with a special game.”
Betts is averaging 16 points per game and will likely eclipse the 1,000 point career mark this season. She is the lone member of this season’s TC squad to hold two state title rings the school won in 2010 and 2011 under former coach Nancy Kroll.
‘‘We are an extremely young but talented program and we lean on Brittany for her experience and leadership,’’ Rocha said. ‘‘The lessons she learns at Tampa Catholic will enable her to succeed not just on the college level but in life.”
Betts owns a 3.8 grade point average and plans to major in a health-related field at Rollins, a private Division II school located in Winter Park.