Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
TC’s Betts signs with Rollins
Posted Nov 19, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 19, 2012 at 05:09 PM
In a ceremony on the Tampa Catholic campus Monday, Crusaders senior basketball star Brittany Betts signed a National Letter of Intent with Rollins College.
Betts is a four-year member of TC’s varsity squad and currently leads the team in scoring, steals, and assists.
‘‘We are thrilled for Brittany,’’ said Tampa Catholic head coach Matthew Rocha. ‘‘Rollins is a phenomenal fit for her. She is a great kid with a special game.”
Betts is averaging 16 points per game and will likely eclipse the 1,000 point career mark this season. She is the lone member of this season’s TC squad to hold two state title rings the school won in 2010 and 2011 under former coach Nancy Kroll.
‘‘We are an extremely young but talented program and we lean on Brittany for her experience and leadership,’’ Rocha said. ‘‘The lessons she learns at Tampa Catholic will enable her to succeed not just on the college level but in life.”
Betts owns a 3.8 grade point average and plans to major in a health-related field at Rollins, a private Division II school located in Winter Park.