Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Berkeley’s Reinhart gets win No. 300
Posted Nov 28, 2011 by Nick Williams
Updated Nov 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Several Hillsborough County boys basketball coaches were nearing milestones entering this season.
On Saturday, Berkeley Prep boys basketball coach Bobby Reinhart became the second within 24 hours to do so.
With his team’s 76-19 win over Calvary Christian, Reinhart reached win No. 300 for his career. Reinhart is now 300-140 all-time and 207-112 at Berkeley. Sophomore Justin Gray, who is Berkeley’s go-to player with four starters currently on the state semifinal football team, led the 3-0 Buccaneers with 30 points.
Berkeley went 20-8 last season and under Reinhart, has made nine region playoff appearances since 2002. In 2004, Berkeley reached the Class 2A region final, the furthest it had gone since 1967.
On Friday night, Tampa Catholic coach Don Dziagwa reached 400 wins. Sickles coach Renaldo Garcia needs four wins to reach 200 and Tampa Prep coach Joe Fenlon needs 15 to reach 600.