Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Berkeley’s Reinhart gets win No. 300
Posted Nov 28, 2011 by Nick Williams
Updated Nov 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Several Hillsborough County boys basketball coaches were nearing milestones entering this season.
On Saturday, Berkeley Prep boys basketball coach Bobby Reinhart became the second within 24 hours to do so.
With his team’s 76-19 win over Calvary Christian, Reinhart reached win No. 300 for his career. Reinhart is now 300-140 all-time and 207-112 at Berkeley. Sophomore Justin Gray, who is Berkeley’s go-to player with four starters currently on the state semifinal football team, led the 3-0 Buccaneers with 30 points.
Berkeley went 20-8 last season and under Reinhart, has made nine region playoff appearances since 2002. In 2004, Berkeley reached the Class 2A region final, the furthest it had gone since 1967.
On Friday night, Tampa Catholic coach Don Dziagwa reached 400 wins. Sickles coach Renaldo Garcia needs four wins to reach 200 and Tampa Prep coach Joe Fenlon needs 15 to reach 600.