Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Berkeley’s Gray May Not Play
Posted Feb 7, 2013 by Scott Purks
Updated Feb 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Berkeley Prep’s star forward Justin Gray may not play in Friday’s Class 4A-District 9 against Tampa Catholic after twisting his ankle in Wednesday’s district semifinal victory, 69-68 over Sarasota Booker.
An X-ray on Thursday confirmed Gray’s ankle suffered a sprain, but one severe enough to most likely keep him out of Friday’s final, Bucs’ coach Bobby Reinhart said.
“(The district final) is not an elimination game, so we don’t feel it’s worth pushing (Gray) into playing,” Reinhart said on the fact that runners-up advance out of districts. “Hopefully he can rest and get it healed by (the first round of regionals next Thursday).”
In two previous meetings this season, TC (18-7) and Berkeley Prep (19-7) split, the Bucs winning the first game 58-56 and the Crusaders taking the second 70-60.