Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Berkeley’s Agholor gets Army invite
Posted Mar 11, 2011 by Katherine Smith
Updated Mar 11, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Rising senior Nelson Agholor’s star continues to rise.
Berkeley Prep’s all-around athlete received an invitation to participate in next year’s U.S. Army All-American Bowl Game in San Antonio, Bucs coach Dominick Ciao said. The prestigious all-star game features the top senior high school football players from around the country.
Last season, as the Division I scholarship offers, that include Florida, Georgia, Notre Dame, USC and USF, began to roll in, Agholor help lead the Bucs deep into the playoffs.
The two-way starter led Berkeley with 1,287 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns and also had 153 receiving yards and three touchdowns. Defensively, Agholor collected three interceptions and 27 tackles.
Agholor also shined on special teams where he averaged 22.33 yards on punt returns and 17.43 yards on kickoff returns.