Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Beckham (not that one) promoted
Posted Jul 22, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jul 22, 2008 at 02:56 PM
The Rays have moved 17th-round pick Jeremy Beckham, older brother of top pick Tim Beckham, up from Princeton to Hudson Valley, according to an AP report out of West Virginia.
Jeremy hit .260 and posted a .383 OBP in 18 games at Princeton. He went 0-for-3 with a walk and a run scored yesterday. Tim continues to struggle at the plate, hitting .174 with one extra-base hit in 19 games.