Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
Posted May 22, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated May 22, 2013 at 02:53 PM
f you enjoy reading the Beckett magazines, follow the company on Twitter (@BeckettMediaLLC), read and contribute on their message boards, and watch their box breaks on YouTube, then a chatroom should be the next logical step. After all, who wouldn’t want to interact with the people who are on top of the sports collectibles hobby?
Beckett junkies, rejoice.
Beginning tonight and every Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. Eastern time, Beckett media will be launching Chatter Up, a question-and-answer session with Beckett baseball editor Chris Olds. You can find it on the Beckett Media LLC Facebook page.
It will be a simple, real-time chat. Olds is a knowledgeable guy with a newspaper background (which makes him more knowledgeable in my opinion, of course ...). He has a good grasp of collecting trends and sports in general. You are certain to learn something—or just be entertained.
Beckett is even hinting at chatters winning some “cool stuff” each week.
If you are passionate about collecting, it can’t hurt to check out “Chatter Up.”