Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Baseball: Leto’s Nunez headed to Concordia College
Posted May 31, 2011 by Eddie Daniels
Updated May 31, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Leto catcher Vinny Nunez will play baseball at Concordia College in Seward, Neb., Falcons coach J.J. Pizzio said.
This season Nunez, who will travel to the school in June, hit .375 with 15 runs, 14 RBIs, three doubles and a triple.
Nunez, who was walked 15 times during his at-bats, will join a Bulldogs team that went 19-28 this past baseball season. He’ll join former Freedom High baseball player Zak Goodrich, an outfielder who just completed his junior season with Concordia.
Meanwhile, Leto teammates Robert Browning and Brandon Hayes received academic scholarships to attend Saint Leo University in Pasco County and will tryout for the Lions baseball team.
Browning, a shortstop for the Falcons, hit .307 with 16 runs scored, 10 RBIs and one home run. Hayes, an outfielder, hit .457 this season collecting 14 runs scored and 10 RBIs. He also hit two doubles and stole six bases.