Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Baseball: Berkeley’s Bosnic commits to Brown
Posted Sep 11, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Sep 11, 2013 at 04:02 PM
Berkeley Prep senior Dante Bosnic has committed to play baseball at Brown University, Buccaneer’s coach Justin Houston said Wednesday.
Bosnic, posted a 4-5 record last season for the Buccaneers (15-16), with a 3.19 ERA, and 55 strikeouts in 59.1 innings of work. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound, right hander led the way for Berkeley’s district title win with a complete-game, 6-0 shutout over Tampa Catholic where Bosnic posted nine strikeouts. The Buccaneers fell to Tampa Catholic in the region semifinals in 2013.
“Dante is a very cerebral kid and a great baseball player,” Houston said. “What he provides for us in leadership is his stability, on top of his production on the field he’s respectful and takes care of his teammates.”
Brown, which plays in the Ivy League, was 7-33 last season.