Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Baseball: Berkeley’s Bosnic commits to Brown
Posted Sep 11, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Sep 11, 2013 at 04:02 PM
Berkeley Prep senior Dante Bosnic has committed to play baseball at Brown University, Buccaneer’s coach Justin Houston said Wednesday.
Bosnic, posted a 4-5 record last season for the Buccaneers (15-16), with a 3.19 ERA, and 55 strikeouts in 59.1 innings of work. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound, right hander led the way for Berkeley’s district title win with a complete-game, 6-0 shutout over Tampa Catholic where Bosnic posted nine strikeouts. The Buccaneers fell to Tampa Catholic in the region semifinals in 2013.
“Dante is a very cerebral kid and a great baseball player,” Houston said. “What he provides for us in leadership is his stability, on top of his production on the field he’s respectful and takes care of his teammates.”
Brown, which plays in the Ivy League, was 7-33 last season.