Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
Baseball: Berkeley’s Bosnic commits to Brown
Posted Sep 11, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Sep 11, 2013 at 04:02 PM
Berkeley Prep senior Dante Bosnic has committed to play baseball at Brown University, Buccaneer’s coach Justin Houston said Wednesday.
Bosnic, posted a 4-5 record last season for the Buccaneers (15-16), with a 3.19 ERA, and 55 strikeouts in 59.1 innings of work. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound, right hander led the way for Berkeley’s district title win with a complete-game, 6-0 shutout over Tampa Catholic where Bosnic posted nine strikeouts. The Buccaneers fell to Tampa Catholic in the region semifinals in 2013.
“Dante is a very cerebral kid and a great baseball player,” Houston said. “What he provides for us in leadership is his stability, on top of his production on the field he’s respectful and takes care of his teammates.”
Brown, which plays in the Ivy League, was 7-33 last season.