Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Armwood’s McQuay to receive home visit from Oregon
Posted Nov 26, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 26, 2012 at 08:29 PM
With the end of the prep football season just around the corner and Armwood senior safety Leon McQuay III still planning to enroll at the college of his choice in January, it’s getting close to decision time for the Hawks’ star safety.
Last weekend, McQuay made an official visit to Florida State to witness the Seminoles’ 37-26 loss to Florida. Wednesday night, he will receive a home visit from University of Oregon secondary coach John Neal, McQuay’s father, Leon McQuay, Jr., said.
Depending on what happens to Armwood in the Class 6A state playoffs, the 6-foot-2, 185-pound McQuay is hoping to make an official trip to the University of Southern California early next month. Vanderbilt University is also one of McQuay’s finalists.
McQuay is a 5-star rated recruit by Rivals.com and plans to make his college choice public during the Under Armour All-America game, set for Jan. 4 at St. Petersburg’s Tropicana Field.