Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Armwood’s Duncan runs another PR in 1,600
Posted May 12, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Armwood senior Brandon Duncan recorded another personal record in the 1,600-meter run, clocking 4 minutes, 21.69 seconds to take third place in Saturday’s preprunners.com All-Star Showdown at Melbourne Holy Trinity.
Duncan, a district champion and regional runner-up in the event, was poised to run a lifetime best at last week’s Class 3A state track finals in Jacksonville but was knocked down just before the halfway mark of the 1,600. This time, Duncan kept his feet to slice nearly two more seconds off his PR. Lake Brantley senior Otniel Teixeira was the winner in 4:19.07 and Billy Anguish of Winter Park was second in 4:20.84.
Hawks coach Chris Biernacki says Duncan will likely run the 1,600 again before the end of the school year at another invitational similar to Saturday’s meet.