Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Armwood’s Duncan runs another PR in 1,600
Posted May 12, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Armwood senior Brandon Duncan recorded another personal record in the 1,600-meter run, clocking 4 minutes, 21.69 seconds to take third place in Saturday’s preprunners.com All-Star Showdown at Melbourne Holy Trinity.
Duncan, a district champion and regional runner-up in the event, was poised to run a lifetime best at last week’s Class 3A state track finals in Jacksonville but was knocked down just before the halfway mark of the 1,600. This time, Duncan kept his feet to slice nearly two more seconds off his PR. Lake Brantley senior Otniel Teixeira was the winner in 4:19.07 and Billy Anguish of Winter Park was second in 4:20.84.
Hawks coach Chris Biernacki says Duncan will likely run the 1,600 again before the end of the school year at another invitational similar to Saturday’s meet.