Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Armwood’s Duncan runs another PR in 1,600
Posted May 12, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Armwood senior Brandon Duncan recorded another personal record in the 1,600-meter run, clocking 4 minutes, 21.69 seconds to take third place in Saturday’s preprunners.com All-Star Showdown at Melbourne Holy Trinity.
Duncan, a district champion and regional runner-up in the event, was poised to run a lifetime best at last week’s Class 3A state track finals in Jacksonville but was knocked down just before the halfway mark of the 1,600. This time, Duncan kept his feet to slice nearly two more seconds off his PR. Lake Brantley senior Otniel Teixeira was the winner in 4:19.07 and Billy Anguish of Winter Park was second in 4:20.84.
Hawks coach Chris Biernacki says Duncan will likely run the 1,600 again before the end of the school year at another invitational similar to Saturday’s meet.