Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Armwood’s Bailey lands offer from Gators
Posted Aug 15, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Aug 15, 2012 at 03:29 PM
In might be a late one, but Armwood star athlete/wide receiver Alvin Bailey finally got a scholarship offer from the University of Florida football program after a trip to the campus Wednesday.
Armwood head coach Sean Callahan confirmed Bailey landed the offer. En route to the Hawks’ Class 6A state title and undefeated season last year, Bailey accounted some 2,000 yards of offense by playing receiver and quarterback.
Last time he listed his finalists, the 6-foot, 175-pound Bailey said his top college candidates were Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Texas A&M and Central Florida. Now that he has the Gators, Bailey is no doubt going to be feeling a little pressure from friends Jordan Sherit of Hillsborough and Vernon Hargreaves III of Wharton, who both recently committed to Florida.